Terms and Conditions
The mission of Cory.Care is to have accessible and affordable health service available for every person around the world. We connect people to high-quality and convenient healthcare globally.
Please read these terms carefully so that you understand them. These terms cover all the services we provide to you through our healthcare app or other platform (“App“) and Websites.
Any reference to “Cory.Care”, “XpertHealth”, “our”, “us”, “we” and “Company” are references to Stichting XpertHealth, KvK nr 75408562, a registered company in The Netherlands.
These terms include details on our complaints procedure and what is required from you to provide the Services. You will be asked to accept these terms as part of your account registration. We may update the terms and conditions from time to time, and if your rights change, we will always notify you of this. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, these terms and conditions as amended, you should not use the App or Website. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions as amended if you continue to use the App or Website after any amendments are made.
We would like to remind you that:
- We are a platform for communication between Practitioners and customers via chats, video and audio calls.
- We provide information services via our digital healthcare tools, such as our health check, symptom checker, articles and our customer service. The output from these digital healthcare tools does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always talk to a qualified medical professional about any questions you may have about a medical condition. If you think you have a medical emergency, you should call your doctor or the emergency services immediately. Any decisions you make affecting your health should always be made in consultation with a doctor, and not on the basis of our digital healthcare tools. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any (health affected) decisions made by Practitioners or you.
- Presentation of possible matches: our symptom checker may present a list of conditions to a user. These are listed in the order of how closely the conditions match the symptoms entered, based on symptom prevalence for conditions which are taken from publicly available medical resources. The order in which conditions are listed does not in any way indicate the likelihood of the user having or not have a condition.
- Some conditions are not suitable for remote advice and the customer service might recommend seeing a doctor in person. Our customer service/service center is able to support to arrange these appointments but cannot be held responsible or liable for the process or outcome.
- We need certain health information from you in order to provide services.
- We do not take responsibility for laws in specific countries and governing access to our services. Some of our services are specifically designed for use in The Netherlands and if you use them elsewhere you should check in your country or region that it is appropriate and lawful for you to do so.
- The App is not suitable for managing medical emergencies.
- The App is not suitable for unrestricted use by persons under 16.
A) ABOUT US
About us and our services
We provide medical and health consultations via our chat, video and audio calls with on the platform registered Practitioners and information services through our digital healthcare tools. Our Services include health consultations, digital healthcare, software services and information services.
Our health consultation is provided using qualified medical professionals (“Practitioners“) based in the various countries.
B) OUR SERVICES
What our services cover, and what you need to check yourself when you use our services
- We provide our services using our App, Platform and the Websites, and communication methods such as email or SMS. Our services include:
- chats, video and audio consultations with on the platform registered Practitioners.
- the ability to enter questions and symptoms into our artificial intelligence symptom checker to receive healthcare information;
- the ability to ask questions to registered professionals;
- if applicable through use of our consultation services, the registered doctors may prescribe medicines;
- access to healthcare records we hold; and
- access to other digital healthcare tools that provide health and lifestyle information.
- Some health or medical conditions are not suitable for digital consultations, and you should always seek advice from a medical Practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs through our digital services, or if you have any concerns about the advice you receive from us or if it is different from other advice you have received.
- You should not use our services in an emergency. If you have a condition that you know will require a physical examination, our customer service and the registered physician can refer you through the platform.
- XpertHealth does not offer medical advice or diagnoses or engage in the practice of medicine. All our services are information services, such as our symptom checker, health checks, provide healthcare information and not medical advice, diagnosis and/or treatment. They provide information to you based on information entered. They do not diagnose your own health condition or make treatment recommendations for you. Our information services are not a substitute for a medical professional or other healthcare professional and are offered for informational and communication purposes only. You should not take or stop taking any action (such as taking medicines) based on information from our information services. Your interaction with healthcare professionals on the platform is not intended to replace your relationship with your existing primary care physician or other treating physicians. We make no warranties in relation to the output of our information services. For the purpose of clarity, XpertHealth enables you to have online communication with medical professionals, XpertHealth does not provide medical care.
- Our Practitioners with different specialties are registered with the Medical Council in various countries, who have committed to provide services in accordance with clinical best practice and applicable professional standards. All according to the laws and regulations of the various countries.
- Practitioners will not prescribe medicines unless it is, in their judgement, in their patient’s best interests. We do not take responsibility or cannot be held liable for prescription of medicines or (ab)use of medication, nor take we the responsibility that the online platform will satisfy any applicable legal and/or regulatory standards requiring an established doctor-patient relationship.
The rights and responsibilities of the Cory.Care customer service include:
- The customer service will assist in communication between medical professionals and customers and provide necessary technical assistance;
- The customer service has the obligation to maintain the normal operation of the entire platform with the existing technology, and strive to upgrade and improve the technology so that the online communication and mutual assistance between customers and doctors can proceed smoothly.
- As a platform for doctor-patient communication services, Cory.Care and the customer service are not responsible for the source and correctness of the information you release, they do not participate in doctor-patient communication, and do not assume any responsibility for the results of doctor-patient communication.
- If the user has any dispute with other users on the platform, he/she shall request the customer service association to mediate. The mediation behavior has no legal effect. The mediation result is made voluntarily by both parties to the dispute. The customer service only assists in providing information communication and does not assume corresponding legal responsibility for the mediation result.
- The medical assistant of the medical association has the right to inspect the user’s registration data and activity behavior, and if any problems or doubts exist in the registration data or activity behavior, it has the right to send the user a notice of inquiry and request for correction, or directly delete it.
- Health check is an informative and educational tool to help you understand risk factors for certain conditions based on the information entered. It may provide information on factors which are known generally to help achieve a healthy lifestyle.
- By completing and submitting the Health check questionnaire, our software provides a report based on general statistical information of certain diseases and conditions (“Report”). Neither the Report, nor other outputs from Health check, constitutes medical advice, diagnosis or acts as a substitute for a doctor.
- The report is produced based on the information you enter in the system, on general statistical information and risk factors only. Reports are responsive to information entered, but are not personalized to you. We will not be able to provide information on risk factors which are not entered.
- Any decisions you make affecting your health should always be made in consultation with a medical professional, and decisions should not be made on the basis of our Health check service.
- Health check should not be used in an emergency. In the case of an emergency you should contact the emergency services and/or your doctor in the usual way.
- You may learn about statistical risks of diseases which may cause distress. You should not use this feature if you do not wish to learn such information.
C) WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES
We can’t provide our services without certain information and other things from you
- We can only provide the services in accordance with these terms if you provide us with the information we need in order to help you. You must be careful that:
- any information you give to us or a Practitioner or enter into the App is accurate and in the language that you are communication in with the doctor of XpertHealth / Cory.Care staff;
- if you have any concerns about the information we provide to you or any information in the App or the Websites, you seek further medical advice;
- you follow any instructions given by Practitioners;
- you follow any instructions regarding the use of any medicines or healthcare products we or a Practitioner recommend or prescribe (including in respect of use-by dates);
- you report any adverse or unexpected effects of treatments recommended through our services to the Cory.Care customer service. In case of a life-threatening situation, like allergic reactions, please call or go to the emergency;
- you keep any medicines a Practitioner will prescribe securely and do not allow others (especially children) to use them;
- you tell us if any of our information about you is or becomes inaccurate or incomplete; and
- you use our services only for yourself.
- We rely on an accurate record of your use of services in order to do this. Please do not therefore register more than once for our services.
D) TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR USING THE APP
The App includes software provided by people other than the Company, and uses certain data that you provide in order to work
The App requires a consistent 4G or faster data connection and does not operate reliably on 3G, GPRS or EDGE connections.
E) REGULATION OF OUR SERVICES
Accessing our services outside of The Netherlands
No matter from where you are accessing our services, you should check whether it is lawful to access our services in the territory where you are. We provide our services in compliance with the law and regulation of The Netherlands and cannot take responsibility for any differences between those rules and any different rules applying to healthcare services anywhere else.
F) CHILDREN AND OUR SERVICES
You can only register once and use our services only for yourself. You cannot use our services for your children.
G) PRODUCT SALES
We provide services which enable your purchase of products from third-party sellers working with us
You can purchase items through the Cory.Care Shop on the platform.
- The App enables your purchase of healthcare and other products (“Products“) sold by our third-party partners (” Suppliers“).
- If you use the App to order a Product, our responsibility is to place that order on your behalf with its Supplier. Your contact for supply of a Product is with the Supplier, not with us and the Supplier is responsible for Product sourcing, quality and delivery.
- Please contact us if you have any issues with your Product order or want to cancel. We will, acting on your behalf, raise these with the Supplier.
- Product images on the App are illustrations and we do not enable the ordering of Products accurately reflecting their colors, size or other detail as shown on the App.
- Where applicable, we will collect payment for your Product order when it is made, but will refund your payment if the Product ordered is not in stock or cannot be supplied. If a Supplier makes a refund of amounts paid by you to us, we will pass that refund to you.
H) LIMITS ON OUR SERVICE
Other limitations and restrictions on the use of services
- We do not guarantee the availability of any particular Practitioner at any particular time. We will do what we can to arrange a consultation with a Practitioner as soon as possible, but do not guarantee to offer consultations within a particular time.
- Practitioners may hold different clinical opinions on the same medical condition or symptoms and, provided these opinions are reasonably held, the fact that two or more Practitioners give different opinions in the course of service provision does not necessarily indicate that our services are defective.
- We do not tolerate abuse or offensive behavior towards Practitioners.
- We may need to ask you for certain personal information in order to provide our services. If you do not provide this information when requested, we may be unable to provide our services.
- The App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the App meet your requirements.
- While certain information controlled, generated by, displayed within or stored in the App may be helpful in providing warning of certain medical or health conditions or circumstances, the App is not designed as, nor may you use it as, a device to detect, diagnose, treat or monitor any medical or health condition or to establish the existence or absence of any medical or health condition.
- We may suspend your access to services or terminate your account with us if your use of services breaches any of these terms.
I) ACCESSING OUR SERVICES
How to access our services, and limitations and other terms concerning access
- Our services are accessed remotely using the internet, data networks and devices which can access the internet (“Infrastructure“) and operate the App and our websites. We make the App and our Websites available for access using infrastructure, but are not responsible for infrastructure ourselves. If you wish to use the services, you should ensure you have an internet-enabled device and a sufficient internet connection available.
- Technical or security threats or issues affecting the Infrastructure may require us to suspend our services in order to ensure they are secure and/or operating optimally. We will minimize these suspensions but are not responsible to refund charges or compensate you if they occur, unless they exceed 60 days in aggregate in any 12 month period, in which event you may cancel your agreement with us.
- We operate anti-virus and malicious software prevention measures on the websites and our App, but we cannot guarantee that our services will always be virus-free. You should ensure that your devices used to access services are protected against viruses and malicious software. You must not use or expose the App or the Websites to virus or malicious software contamination.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the services, App or Websites. Installation of the App on a device that has had its operating system compromised by the process of jailbreaking (Apple iOS) or rooting (Android) is not permitted and may result in the security of your personal data being compromised.
J) CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
What happens if we change these terms
We may need to change these terms from time to time, for example, when the rules regulating our services change, in order to ensure that our services are secure and your information is safe, or when we update or modify our services or our Charges. If we make a change to these terms that affect your rights or obligations, we will notify you.
K) HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your information
L) LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE PROVISION
Sometimes, you will not be able to receive services – this section explains why
- We may not be able to provide our services if they are affected by events outside our control or by an act of God. We are not responsible to you if this happens, but if it does, we will notify you as soon as we can and take the steps that we reasonably can to minimize the interruption to our services.
- If there is a delay of more than 30 days to service performance, you may cancel your agreement with us.
M) PRICE AND PAYMENT
How we calculate the price you pay us for our services and how you pay us
For Chat, Call and Video Call services:
- Practitioners set their own prices for the consultation and decide the consultation time by themselves.
- The price of our services will be set out in the App or on the website at the time of our commitment to provide services. The prices may change at any time and vary throughout different Practitioners, but price changes will not affect any services that you have already ordered.
- You are responsible for paying the price for our services (“Charges“). Charges exclude VAT, where applicable, unless otherwise stated.
- We will usually charge or invoice you for services at the time you order them. Any amounts charged or invoiced are due and payable upon our invoice being issued unless otherwise specified in these terms or the App.
- You can pay online for services or other methods that will be available on the App in the moment you are paying.
N) OUR LIABILITY
- We are not responsible or can be held liable for personal injury or death caused by negligence or that of on Cory.Care registered practitioners or employees, and for (defective) products.
- We are not responsible for compensating you for loss or damage that is not a foreseeable result of breaking these terms. Nor will we be liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages.
- Other than our Clinical Services, our software and services are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without a warranty of any kind being provided by us.
- If we provide digital content that is defective and damages a device or other digital content belonging to you, and we have not used our reasonable skills and care, we will not compensate you or repair the device or content.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from defective digital content where you have failed to follow our usage instructions or advice in these terms.
- We supply the services for personal use and we are not responsible for any losses you suffer arising out of the use of the services which are business losses.
- We design our services, the App and the Websites to keep your personal health data secure and it is important that you follow the usage instructions and advice in these terms in order to keep your data safe. We are not liable for loss or unauthorized access to your data where it results from you not following these instructions and advice.
O) OUR BRAND AND CREATIVE MATERIAL
The basis on which you use our app, websites and services
- We own copyright and other intellectual property rights in the app, websites, our services and their content (“Cory.Care“).
- You are permitted to use Cory.Care in order to receive our services, store it on your device and print copies of it for your personal use. You may communicate material containing Cory.Care to your Practitioners. You are not permitted to copy, distribute or make any business use of Cory.Care. You must not remove or obscure any notices regarding Cory.Care.
P) LICENCE AND APP USE
You are allowed to use the app but not copy it or distribute it
- We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of the App and not to modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent of the company. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the app or its contents; any derivative use of the app or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- The app or any portion of the app may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by the Company and can lead to a fine determined by the Company.
- You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours, our partners or affiliates without our express written permission. Any unauthorized use can lead to a fine determined by the Company.
- The App or any Service may contain links to other independent third-party websites (“Third party Sites“). Third-party sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with any third-party sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- If any open-source software is included in the app, the terms of an open-source license may override some of the terms set out in this section.
- You may de-register from Cory.Care. In this case, please send an email to the customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may end your agreement with us:
- if the services are unavailable for reasons outside our control as set out in section Q or for technical reasons as set out in sections E and M;
- you do not agree with a change we make to these terms; or
- if we have failed to fix or re-perform services not provided to the standards set out in section C.
We may end our agreement with you, subject to applicable regulation:
- if the services are unavailable for reasons outside our control as previously set out;
- if you do not comply with the conditions on use of services previously set out;
- if you break any other term of this agreement and do not make good that break within 7 days of when we ask you.
R) COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
What happens if you have a complaint about our services or disagree with us about anything to do with these terms
- You can always give us feedback on our services by calling or emailing us via the details provided in the ‘About’ section above.
- If you have a complaint about our services, if the complaint is reasonable and solvable, we would like to resolve it as soon as possible. Please inform us about your complaint as soon as you can.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint about our services, you should do so as soon as possible by emailing us via the details provided in the ‘About’ section above. We may ask you for certain details about you and your complaint in order to address it. Please provide these as soon as you can.
- The on Cory.Care registered Practitioners are registered healthcare professionals, and we will handle your complaint in an appropriate way, as required to do so by the professional rules that apply to our Practitioners and to our services, and following our complaints procedure.
- We will tell you the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and give you the chance to discuss it with us.
- These terms are governed by the law of The Netherlands and the Dutch courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any claim arising out of or in connection with these terms or the use of our products and services.
S) OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
Other provisions explaining how we may exercise our rights under these terms
- If there is any proposed transfer of our rights and obligations under these terms, we will always notify you in writing and this will not affect your rights under these terms.
- As our services are personalized, you may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree.
- The agreement for our services is between you and us, and no-one else. Only you can enforce that agreement.
- This is a page with some basic contact information, such as an address and phone number. You might also try a plugin to add a contact form.
Get in touch to discover your health system opportunities
Cory.Care is powered by XpertHealth. A Shanghai based Medical practitioner Collective that improves the health of over 200K clients using analogue & digital measuring, focussed physical programs and mental therapy.
Jaarbeurs, Innovation Mile Utrecht, the Netherlands